See the Sheriff Office main page for office closure dates.
Fingerprints and CPL Applications will be taken Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and from 1:00 p.m - 4:30 p.m.
You do not need an appointment. We fingerprint on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The Sheriff's Office does Livescan fingerprinting for:
* Concealed Pistol Licenses (no charge for printing: prints are included in the $105.00 paid at the Montcalm County Clerk's office)
* Adoptions ($15.00 charge)
* Juvenile Court-ordered fingerprints (no charge)
* Liquor Licenses ($15.00 charge)
*School Employees ($65.00 charge):
(The Sheriff’s Office charges $15.75 to capture and transmit the fingerprints, in addition to the $49.25 cost of processing by the State of Michigan).
*PLEASE NOTE: The Montcalm County Sheriff's Office will only fingerprint NEW School employees.
- Applicants need to bring a letter from the School District with the School Identification number on it. We cannot take fingerprints without the Identification number!
- A Driver’s License or State I.D. must also be presented before fingerprinting.
Payments can be made to the Montcalm County Sheriff’s Office in cash, check or money order. We do not accept payment with Credit or Debit Cards.
**Other Miscellaneous fingerprints: Please call our office at (989) 831-7590 if you have any questions.
Cost: $15.00 for most fingerprints, unless noted above.
OTHER AGENCIES THAT OFFER LIVESCAN FINGERPRINTING:
Howard City Police Department LIVESCAN fingerprints.
Contact them at (231)-937-4311 or go to www.howardcity.org
Greenville Department of Public Safety LIVESCAN fingerprints.
Contact them at: 616-754-9161 Administration, for hours and information.
(Concealed Pistol License Applicants who reside in Montcalm County are required to have the LIVESCAN fingerprinting done only at the Montcalm County Sheriff's Office).